Makie Suzuki is a licensed landscape architect, currently practicing with Gustafson Guthrie Nichol. Makie has worked on a variety of award winning urban design and landscape architectural projects in multiple scales, nationally and internationally, with a focus on environmental and social responsibility.
With her cross-cultural and multidisciplinary background, Makie brings her strong commitment to a holistic approach and collaboration to her projects. She enjoys sharing her professional experience and knowledge with students, offering real-world approaches and perspectives to academic exercises. Makie’s teaching also reflects her strong interests in contemporary design, creative education, and graphic design communications.
Makie taught for two years at the University of Virginia School of Architecture, instructing 2nd
year MLA studios, digital technology and graphic communication courses, as well as Summer Design Institute programs. At the University of Washington she has co-directed Asian urbanism seminars since 2009. She holds an MLA from University of Washington with an Urban Design certificate.
- Brown University School of Engineering, Providence RI (GGN)
- Rainier Square, Seattle WA (GGN)
- Racker Square, San Antonio TX (GGN)
- Barangaroo South, Sydney Australia (GGN)
- Dead Sea Development Zone Detailed Master Plan, Dead Sea Jordan (Sasaki Associates)
- Purdue University Center for Student Excellence and Leadership, Vawter Field Housing, and Vawter Green, West Lafayette IN (Sasaki Associates)
- Lashi Hai Conceptual Master Plan, Yunnan China (Sasaki Associates)
- Lulu Island NH 3 Concept Design, Abu Dhabi UAE (Sasaki Associates)
- Capitol Expressway Light Rail Extension, San Jose CA (Sasaki Associates)
- Wilmington Waterfront Master Plan, Wilmington CA (Sasaki Associates)